CoastWatch Utilities v3.3.0
The CoastWatch Utilities software allows users to work with Earth science data created by the NOAA/NESDIS CoastWatch program. Users can easily manipulate and visualize data in CoastWatch HDF format, NOAA 1b, and some flavors of NetCDF 4. The software has both graphical interface tools providing a point-and-click interface and command-line tools for use in batch data processing scripts. The tools can perform various types of tasks:
- Information and Statistics
- File contents, statistics computations on variables (for example min, max, mean, standard deviation), direct access to raw file and variable attributes.
- Data Processing
- Data format conversions, compositing, generic variable math, data sampling.
- Graphics and Visualization
- Interactive visualization/analysis, batch image rendering, ancillary graphics creation such as data coverage maps, grids, coastlines, landmasks.
- Registration and Navigation
- Resampling of data from one projection to another, interactive generation of region masters, manual and automatic navigational correction, computation of solar and earth location angles.
- Data download and server status.
The CoastWatch Utilities have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for Windows, Linux, and Solaris, and 64-bit only for Mac OS X.
- New 64-bit support for all operating systems
- Read support for NetCDF 4 data with CF-1.4 metadata (experimental)
- Command line rendering options for adding water marks and custom color palettes
See the User's Guide Appendix G for a list of all updates and bug fixes.
Download the package by choosing the appropriate operating system and package type below. For help with installation, consult the Installation Notes section of the User's Guide. Please submit errors or bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or choose directly from a list of package files.