CoastWatch Utilities v3.3.0
The CoastWatch Utilities software allows users to work with Earth science data created by the NOAA/NESDIS CoastWatch program. Users can easily manipulate and visualize data in CoastWatch HDF format, NOAA 1b, and some flavors of NetCDF 4. The software has both graphical interface tools providing a point-and-click interface and command-line tools for use in batch data processing scripts. The tools can perform various types of tasks:
- Information and Statistics
- File contents, statistics computations on variables (for example min, max, mean, standard deviation), direct access to raw file and variable attributes.
- Data Processing
- Data format conversions, compositing, generic variable math, data sampling.
- Graphics and Visualization
- Interactive visualization/analysis, batch image rendering, ancillary graphics creation such as data coverage maps, grids, coastlines, landmasks.
- Registration and Navigation
- Resampling of data from one projection to another, interactive generation of region masters, manual and automatic navigational correction, computation of solar and earth location angles.
- Data download and server status.
The CoastWatch Utilities have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for Windows, Linux, and Solaris, and 64-bit only for Mac OS X.
- New 64-bit support for all operating systems
- Read support for NetCDF 4 data with CF-1.4 metadata (experimental)
- Command line rendering options for adding water marks and custom color palettes
See the User's Guide Appendix G for a list of all updates and bug fixes.
The following are screenshots from the CoastWatch Data Analysis Tool (CDAT) version 3.3.0:
Download the package by choosing the appropriate operating system and package type below. For help with installation, consult the Installation Notes section of the User's Guide.
Or choose directly from a list of package files.