New in Version 3.6.1 b283 ==> Get it here
(Replaces version 3.6.0 (b160))
- GeoTIFFs written by CDAT, cwrender, and cwexport now conform to the cloud-optimized GeoTIFF recommendations.
- GeoTIFFs created by cwrender and cwxeport now have extra compression options available: LZW and JPEG.
- The cwmath, cwcomposite, and cweregister2 tools have been updated to handle floating-point data variables with scaling factors.
- NetCDF NcML datasets are now supported to help with data file aggregation and metadata modification.
- The cwrender tool now has a --compositehint option to help with automatically setting function types and ranges for rendering color composites.
- Plot legends from cwrender and CDAT now contain more information about grid mapped projections from NetCDF files.
- There was an error produced in cwrender when rendering files that had already been closed by the Java garbage collector. This has been corrected and the error no longer occurs.
- HDF 4 files were being written with signed missing_value attributes even when the variable data was unsigned. This has been corrected so that the missing_value and variable types match.
- Some data files containing geographic projections that span both the prime meridian and anti-meridian were not being recognized — this is now fixed.
Note that the Java VM has been updated to OpenJDK 14. If you're using the Linux "no-VM" package, you'll need a VM from https://jdk.java.net/14/(link is external)♦.